You have a lot more to protect than just your belongings.
Consider how you will:
- Continue your income for your dependents
- Provide for your children’s education
- Maximize the value of your estate
- Fund Final charges to your estate, including capital gains taxes, probate, legal and executor fees
- Build a tax-sheltered fund outside of your RRSPs
- Maximize your Retirement Income
Pays a tax-free benefit to your loved ones in the event of premature death The purchase of life insurance is an integral part of any good financial plan. Whether or not you are the main income earner, if something happened to you it could have significant impact on the income of your family.
Many of us have insurance to protect our loved ones in the event of our death, but what happens if you survive? How long would your savings last if you couldn’t work for a few weeks, months, years?
- Typically replaces up to 60% to 85% of your regular monthly income.
- 1 in 3 people, on average, will be disabled for 90 days or longer at least once before age 65
- The average length of a disability that lasts over 90 days is 2.9 years.
- Group disability insurance is often capped, you can have another policy to cover the difference
Critical Illness Insurance
Pays a tax-free, lump sum to be used however you wish. You could cover lost income, private nursing, out-of-country treatment, or pay off your mortgage.
- The average age of a person making a critical illness claim is 49 An estimated 3,075 Canadians are diagnosed with cancer every week. It is estimated that there are 70,000 heart attacks in Canada each year There are between 40,000 and 50,000 strokes in Canada each year
Travel Insurance – Don’t leave home without it.
Your provincial health plan will cover only a fraction of any healthcare expenses incurred outside of Canada and limits coverage when travelling to another province. Did you know the average cost of a one day hospital stay in the US is $2090? Coverage includes:
- Up to $5,000,000 emergency medical insurance
- Single trip or multi-trip policies available
- 24-hour medical and travel assistance
Coverage is also available for non-medical expenses such as trip cancellation/interruption and baggage loss.
Health & Dental Insurance
Designed to cover expenses not covered by provincial health plans
- Flexible plans can be customized for your need
- Prescriptions, Dental, Vision care
- add-ons available such as Travel, Catastrophic coverage etc.